Tuesday, May 22, 2012

JOSÉ DURÁN

 José Durán a New York based designer from Moca, Dominican Republic made a special spring collection to be exclusively featured at EVA NY. His holistic perspective is apparent in his organic designs. “Each collection illustrates his progressive thought process – focusing on the balance of fluidity and structure, and expressing an avante-garde sensibility that captures the mind, body and spirit.


The Vogue Vibes writes, “Durán’s talent in making high fashion and avante-garde wearable is undeniable.” Once you see his collections it’s easy to understand how comfortable he is as a designer and with his state of being in general. This comfort is what makes a mature artist and mature works.




Durán in a book devoted to his life and work entitled: WelcometomyWorld is quoted saying:

 “I am free like a bird, with many desires to fly,
the horizon is my goal,
                with a clear mind what I want and do not want in my life,
    everything, everything in this world is possible to be obtained,
             I am who I am and I am happy to be who I am.”




 



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment